By Don Bartel
Last year I was challenged by this quote. "Obedience begins with listening. Tarry daily with God as before a king of highest authority - until he releases you. Wait for guidance and power. Then obey in faith. Resist the urge to rush into self-assigned activity, or to ask God to bless plans made solely on the basis of available resources." (May 1, 2012 issue of Frontier Missions Journal)
I titled this entry in my journal, "Wait for Guidance and Power." My thoughts went to our Core Value: Expectant faith and persevering prayer rooted in the promises of God. Isn't it true that great things always begin with God and are rooted his word, his promises, and his blessings. As we go into summer, take some time to reflect on and review what God has promised you. Jot down your answers to the following questions.
- What promises has God given me personally?
- What am I believing God for?
- What am I expecting God to do?
- What am I persevering in prayer for?
- What has God already done in response to your expectant faith and persevering prayer?
I trust this exercise will enrich your soul and bring joy and hope to your heart.